|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1899 Macalister, R.A.S.|
|History:||This inscription is probably that recorded in Macalister/1899, 117, no. 102.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 48.
|Dimensions:||0.61 x 0.43 x 0.05 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||complete , some|
The left edge of the stone is damaged, taking with it some of the cross.
|Crosses:||1: equal-armed; outline; straight; expanded; plain; circular; outer curv; none; decorated|
Macalister/1909, 16: `a cross with square expanding arm-ends, in each of which is a small stroke, all contained in a double-line circle'.
Macalister/1949, 48: `cross in a circle, with square expansions at terminals'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||MARCUS|
Macalister/1909 16 reading only
Macalister/1949 48 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; above cross ; separated|
The inscription is above the cross and outside the margins. It is also very cramped against the top of the stone.
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The A is in the `OC' form; the R is angular and majuscule; the S is minuscule, and the M has a short stroke to the right from the top of the last ascender.|
The inscription seems clear.