|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1869 Graves, J.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 17: `This drawing was made by Miss Boxwell from a rubbing taken of the stone at Clonmacnois by the Rev. James Graves and Mr. William Hennessy, in the year 1869'.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 43.
|Dimensions:||0.48 x 0.48 x 0.66 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||complete , good|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Petrie, G. (1869):||FERCHO | MUS|
Macalister/1909 2 reading only
Macalister/1949 43 reading only
Petrie/1872 17 reading only
|Position:||inc ; broad ; n/a ; undecorated|
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The F has a rounded top stroke; the E is three-pronged and rounded; the R is majuscule and open-bowed; the S is half-uncial and the left ascender of the U appears to have a wedge-shaped finial.|
The text is clear.