|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1822 Petrie, G.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 34, `Drawn by Dr. Petrie at Clonmacnois, in the year 1822'.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 47.
|Dimensions:||0.39 x 0.37 x 0.08 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||complete , good|
|Crosses:||1: equal-armed; outline; straight; plain; circular; angular; inner curv; none; decorated|
Macalister/1909, 13: `Four-line cross, the two outer lines forming a voided circle that contains the intersection, all inside a two-line margin'.
|Petrie, G. (1872):||SNEDGUS|
Macalister/1909 13 reading only
Macalister/1949 47 reading only
Petrie/1872 34 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; above cross ; separated|
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The initial S and the final S are both minuscule, although the former is much larger than the latter, presumably so as to fit the inscription into the space left on the stone. The E is closed; the D has a vertical ascender and an open bow.|
The inscription is clear.