|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1899 Macalister, R.A.S.|
|History:||Possibly first recorded as Macalister/1899, no. 130.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 46.
|Dimensions:||0.36 x 0.25 x 0.06 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||incomplete , poor|
The stone is broken with the surviving portion perhaps less than half of the original.
|Crosses:||1: equal-armed; outline; straight; other; plain; angular; none; none; plain|
Macalister/1909, 8: `a cross...in which the central cross line has become attentuated to a small crosslet in the centre, and short lines at the ends'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||AILGAL|
Macalister/1909 8 reading only
Macalister/1949 46 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; below cross ; separated|
The inscription is below the cross and outside the margins.
|Date:||751 - 764 (Lionard/1961)|
755 - 755 (Macalister/1949)
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial with the `OC' form of A. The final L has a wedge-shaped finial.|
The first letter is half lost, the rest of the inscription is clear.