|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1909 Macalister, R.A.S.|
|History:||First recorded in Macalister/1909, 8, and again as still on site in Macalister/1949, 46.|
|Dimensions:||0.48 x 0.38 x 0.06 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||incomplete , some|
The right-hand edge of the slab has been broken off, taking with it the right-hand border, the right terminal of the cross and the end of the inscription.
|Crosses:||1: equal-armed; linear; straight; expanded; lozenge; cruciform; angular; none; inc|
Macalister/1909, 8: `A cross with lozenge-shaped centre and triangular arm-ends, voided, inside a plain Greek cross of double lines contained in a single-line margin.'
Macalister/1949, 46: `Equilateral cross in a square'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||FINA[N]|
Macalister/1909 8 reading only
Macalister/1949 46 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; below cross ; separated|
The inscription is below the cross, outside the margin.
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial; the letters are serifed; the A is in the `OC' form, and the ascenders of the Ns extend significantly further than the curved strokes, almost giving the appearance of Hs.|
The surviving inscription is clear, but damage to the stone has resulted in the loss of the end of the name.