|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1822 Petrie, G.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 50: `Drawn by Dr. Petrie at Clonmacnois, in 1822'.|
Macalister/1899, 116, records the stone as lost, as does Macalister/1909, 45.
Macalister/1949, 65, 68, records this stone as having been rediscovered by Mr. Molloy.
|Dimensions:||0.38 x 0.33 x 0.07 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 68, records the stone as on site.
|Condition:||frgmntry , some|
Macalister/1949, 68, notes it is fragmentary.
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; half-round; ind; none; ind; ind; decorated|
Macalister/1949, 68: `Fragment of a terminal'.
|Petrie, G. (1822):||--]TADGG|
Macalister/1909 45 reading only
Petrie/1872 50 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||--]HADGG|
Macalister/1949 68 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; quadrant|
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The two illustrations differ in detail. Nonetheless the lettering can be seen as Insular half-uncial. The A, according to Macalister's plate, is in the 'OC' form. Both agree that the D has an ascender which bends to the left over an open heart-shaped bow. According to Petrie's plate the final two half-uncial Gs are separate, for Macalister they are conjoined.|
The letters are clear, if somewhat damaged.