|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1854 du Noyer, G. V.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 59: `This slab was drawn by Mr. G.V. du Noyer, in the year 1854'.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 55.
|Dimensions:||0.99 x 0.53 x 0.11 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||complete , good|
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; half-round; lozenge; none; none; none; decorated|
|Decorations:||geometric ribbon interlace|
Petrie/1872, 59: `The design is an Irish cross with semi-circular terminations filled in with the triquetra...while the centre...is a diamond, filled in with four triquetras, arranged so as to form a cross'.
Macalister/1909, 32--33: `A three-line cross in which the central expansion is lozenge-shaped and contains a knot of peculiar design'.
Macalister/1949, 55: `Cross with lozenge shaped expansion in the centre and semi-circular expansions at the ends. Ends plain, interlacement in the centre'.
|Petrie, G. (1869):||O~R~COM || GAN|
Pray for Comgan (PN).
Macalister/1909 33 reading only
Macalister/1949 55 reading only
Petrie/1872 59 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
The inscription is in one horizontal line through the two upper quadrants.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The initial OR has a contraction mark over it and the R is minuscule as is the G. The A has a small bow with a leftwards bending elongated ascender.|