|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1869 Graves, J.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 50: `Drawn by M[argaret]. S[tokes]., from a rubbing made in 1869 by the Rev. James Graves'.|
Macalister/1949, 55, records the stone as still on site.
|Dimensions:||0.79 x 0.61 x 0.05 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||incomplete , some|
The lower left quadrant is lost, as are sections of the other three, whilst only a small piece of the upright of the cross survives.
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; half-round; circular; none; inner curv; ind; decorated|
|Decorations:||geometric key pattern; geometric spiral|
Macalister/1909, 31: `a magnificent seven-line cross. The centre has a device of divergent spirals, and the surviving terminals have key-patterns of rich design'.
Macalister/1949, 55: `cross, spiral ornament in centre, key-pattern enrichment in terminals'.
|Petrie, G. (1869):||--] || TUI[--|
Macalister/1909 31 reading only
Petrie/1872 50 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||--]|| TUI[--|
[OROIT DO MAEL]TUI[LE]
Macalister/1949 55 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; quadrant|
The inscription that survives is in the lower right quadrant. If the restorations proposed by Petrie/1872, 50, Macalister/1909, 31, and Macalister/1949, 55, are correct then it must have also been in the now lost lower left quadrant.
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial.|