|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1822 Petrie, G.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 63: `Drawn by Dr. Petrie at Clonmacnois, in the year 1822'.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 54.
|Dimensions:||1.04 x 0.71 x 0.05 (converted from Macalister/1909)|
|Condition:||incomplete , good|
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; half-round; circular; none; inner curv; none; decorated|
|Decorations:||geometric key pattern|
Macalister/1909, 28--29, argues that the cross is the same as CLMAC/105, but on a larger scale, and thus that it has half-round terminations, with a central circular expansion. This cross, however, is a five-line cross.
|Petrie, G. (1822):||FEC | HTN || ACH|
Petrie/1872 63 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||[O~R~ || DO]FEC | HTN || ACH|
[OROIT DO] FECHTNACH
Macalister/1909 29 reading only
Macalister/1949 54 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
The inscription is held within the four quadrants and runs vertically downwards in two lines.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The E is closed; the A is in the `OC' form and the final H has a wedge-shaped finial.|