|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1909 Macalister, R.A.S.|
|History:||First recorded in Macalister/1909, 28.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 53.
|Dimensions:||0.48 x 0.36 x 0.03 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; half-round; circular; none; inner curv; ind; decorated|
|Decorations:||geometric key pattern|
Macalister/1909, 28: `A fragment of a three-line cross with one arm-end remaining; it has a semi-circular terminal expansion showing a peculiar compromise between `voiding' and the key-pattern, not found elsewhere'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||[O~]R~ || DOD[V][--|
[O]ROIT DO DV[--
Macalister/1909 28 reading only
Macalister/1949 53 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
The inscription is in one line running downwards through the two right-hand quadrants.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The fragmentary R appears majuscule and has a small piece of a contraction mark over it; the D's each have an ascender which bends to the left over an open bow, and the U is V-shaped with the two strokes each curving slightly outwards.|
Only part of the R and part of the V survive, but the other letters are clear.