|Discovery:||in/on structure, 1945 O'Sullivan, P.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 159--160: `found when knocking down a stone fence near the barn of Mr. John Moriarty on this townland...The scores...first noticed by Mr. P. O'Sullivan of Derrygorman...The stone is now in the museum of the University College, Cork'.|
Cuppage/etal/1986, 25: `It was subsequently removed to U[university] C[ollege] C[ork], but it is not now known where it is stored'.
|Geology:||Macalister/1945, 159: `flake from a sandstone pulvinar'.|
|Dimensions:||0.43 x 0.14 x 0.14 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
|Location:||University College Cork|
Cuppage/etal/1986, 252: `It was subsequently removed to U[university] C[ollege] C[ork], but it is not now known where it is stored'.
Macalister/1945, 159: `[It] has a rounded corner rather than an arris'.
|Condition:||incomplete , inc|
Macalister/1945, 159: `A fragment'.
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||[D]ROGNO|
Macalister/1945 159 reading only
McManus/1991 66 reading only
|Cuppage, J. (1986):||ROGNO|
Cuppage/etal/1986 252 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; arris ; n/a ; undecorated|
|Date:||500 - 550 (Ziegler/1994)|
|Language:||name only (ogham)|
|Ling. Notes:||See McManus/1991, 107.|
Macalister/1945, 159: `The scores...are bold and conspicuous ... Nothing, however is left but [D]ROGNO in which the initial D [and the first two strokes of] R are broken away'.
McManus/1991, 179, note 34: `Cp. The Uí Dróna whence the baronies of Idrone, Co. Carlow'.