|Discovery:||recognised, 1782 Pelham, H.|
|History:||According to Macalister/1945, 144, this stone was found `in an ancient burial-ground, callled Kilvickillane, on the shore of Smerwick Bay'. It was subsequently transferred in 1848 to Burnham, the seat of Lord Ventry, where it remains.|
|Geology:||Macalister/1945, 147: `slate'.|
|Dimensions:||0.91 x 0.23 x 0.25 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
According to Macalister/1945, 145--147, this stone was found in an ancient burial-ground, callled Kilvickillane, on the shore of Smerwick Bay. It was subsequently transferred in 1848 to Burnham, the seat of Lord Ventry, where it remains.
Macalister/1945, 147: `...a broad angled rhombus in horizontal section'.
|Condition:||incomplete , some|
Macalister/1945, 147: `The top of the stone is broken...'.
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||BROINIONAS|
Macalister/1897 29 reading only
Macalister/1945 147 reading only
McManus/1991 65 reading only
Ziegler/1994 264 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; arris ; n/a ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 147: `Inscription pocked on one angle, in good condition...'.
|Language:||name only (ogham)|
|Ling. Notes:||See McManus/1991, 116.|
Macalister/1945, 147: `good condition'.