|Name:||St Kew||CISP No:||STKEW|
|Place:||St Kew||Grid Ref:||SX 215 7687 (GB)|
|County:||Cornwall (Kernow) , England||Saint(s):||Kew ; Doghow|
Near footbridge just below the church of St Kew (Macalister/1945, 462; Okasha/1993, 248).
Thomas/1994, 229, argues that the `monastery of Docco' mentioned in the Life of St Samson, and referred to as Landochou in a tenth century charter `lay at St. Kew either where the church now stands or not far away'.
Olson/1989, 14, referring to the same monastery as Thomas above, states: `This establishment or its successor comes to light in a tenth-century Anglo-Saxon charter recording a grant of land `in the monastery [or `minster'] which is called by the inhabitants Landochou', this being its full Cornish name which survives today as Lanow in St. Kew parish'.
Bridge widened in 1924 (Macalister/1945, 462; Okasha/1993, 248).