|Place:||Sourton||Grid Ref:||SX 5474 9179 (GB)|
|County:||Devon , England||Saint(s):||none|
|Site Type:||landscape setting|
The earliest recorded site for the stone was on the Okehampton road. This is unlikely to be the stone's original location.
Okasha/1993, 260, argues that the stone appears to have remained at the site from its first mention in 1874 until 1986 when it was moved prior to the building of the Okehampton by-pass. At that time no observable archaeological context was found. This, along with the OS mark being found on the stone below the then ground level, suggests that the stone had been moved and that this site was not its primary location.