|Place:||Llansaint||Grid Ref:||SN 3846 804 (GB)|
|Parish:||St Ishmael's (Llan Ishmael)||Stones:||2|
|County:||Carmarthenshire (Caerfyrddin) , Wales||Saint(s):||Ishmael ; Ishmael|
Evans/1907, 63: `Llansaint is a small village set on a hill, part of the ecclesiastical parish of Llan Ishmael, and its chapel...is held by the mother church and served by its minister'.
The site is near the mouth of the River Towy, and lies close to Carmarthen Bay.
Evans/1907, 64 and Rhys/1907, 74, both cite references to this site from 1552 and 1636.
Rhys/1907, 75, cites a tombstone of 1744 as the earliest reference to Llansaint by that name.
The stones lie just across the mouth of the Towy from Coygan Camp.