|Name:||St Hilary||CISP No:||SHLRY|
|Place:||St Hilary||Grid Ref:||SW 5503 3127 (GB)|
|County:||Cornwall (Kernow) , England||Saint(s):||Hilary|
St Hilary parish church.
Thomas/1994, 201, notes that a Roman milestone is preserved in the church.
Collingwood and Wright/1965, 696, state that this early fourth-century milestone was found in the fourteenth-century foundations of the church in 1854 presumably during the rebuilding of the church after the fire of 1853.
Thomas/1994, 317, suggests that the older part of the churchyard may have constituted a lann.
The church was burnt down in 1853 (Macalister/1945, 460; Okasha/1993, 236).