|Name:||St Edrens||CISP No:||SEDRN|
|Place:||St Edrens||Grid Ref:||SM 8943 2830 (GB)|
|County:||Pembrokeshire (Penfro) , Wales||Saint(s):||Edren|
Allen/1883, 262: `St. Edren's Church lies nine miles, as the crow flies, to the north-west of the town of Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire. It is situated on high ground almost in the centre of the promontory which runs out of the mainland of Pembrokeshire and terminates in St. David's Head. A mile to the northward runs the Via Flandrica, as marked on the Ordnance Map. This church stands alone, in rather dreary solitude, being surrounded by no village or houses of any kind. The present structure is entirely modern, and is built in debased Gothic style. All that now remains to bear witness to the existence of a more ancient building upon the present site are the four crosses to be described, and the ruined font lying broken in the north-west part of the churchyard.
Three of the crosses lie at the foot of the tower of the church, and the fourth stands erect in the churchyard on the north side'.
RCAHMW/1925, 366--367: `The present structure, consisting of chancel, nave and western tower, was erected in the year 1846; all the fittings are of that date. The early font, once forming part of a stile on the north side of the churchyard, has recently been brought into the church. The bowl, much damaged, is octagonal in shape, with an external diameter of 28 inches; the base 28 inches square, seems to have supported an octagonal shaft, now missing. Both the bowl and the base are of the purple Cae Bwdi stone'.