|Name:||Penmachno, Eagles Hotel (n/a)||CISP No:||PMCH2|
|Place:||Penmachno||Grid Ref:||SH 7880 5070 (GB)|
|County:||Caernarvonshire (Caernarfon) , Wales||Saint(s):||none|
|Site Type:||modern secondary|
Rhys/1919, 201: `Penmachno is situated some five miles south of Bettwys-y-Coed, well known to English visitors'.
RCAHMW/1956, 168: `Penmachno, formerly Pennant Machno, is a parish centred on the valley of the Afon Machno, one of the upper tributaries of the River Conway. The inscribed stones...show it was an important early Christian centre. The principal monuments are the large farmhouses, which are unusually numerous'.
The stone was found near the Eagles hotel in 1915.
Knight/1995, 8: `There can be little doubt Penmachno was a church of high status -- perhaps the church of high status -- within the cantref Arllechwedd'.