|Place:||Parc Carreg y Lluniau||Grid Ref:||SN 2890 5137 (GB)|
|County:||Cardigan (Ceredigion) , Wales||Saint(s):||none|
Macalister/1945, 339: `a field'. Nash-Williams/1950, 102: `The stone was first recorded in the 1695 edition of Gibson's Camden, where it is vaguely referred to as `a rude stone in Penbryn parish, not far from the Church'. Later references describe the stone as lying against a `heap of stones' (cairn?) on or near its present position on the summit of a saddle-backed field formerly known as `Parc Carreg y Lluniau'. Removal of the heap of stones carried out about 1804 as a preliminary to re-erecting the stone brought to light `an urn full of ashes, as well as a few bronze, silver and gold Roman coins of the time of Vespasian, which were presented...to Colchester Museum, with the exception of a gold Vespasian'...The `urn', a small grey-ware olla of late 1st- or early-2nd century A.D. type, and the `gold Vespasian', actually an aureus of Titus (A.D. 79-8I), are now preserved in the National Museum of Wales (Accession Nos. 05-176 and 29.433/2).
 Another account (in AC, 1862, p. 216) speaks of the removal of a 'windmill...in a very dilapidated condition.'