|Name:||Nanscow Farm [Also: Nanscowe ; St Breock ; Wadebridge]||CISP No:||NANSW|
|Place:||inc||Grid Ref:||SW 9689 7080 (GB)|
|County:||Cornwall (Kernow) , England||Saint(s):||none|
|Site Type:||modern secondary|
Macalister/1945, 450, states that the stone was on the farm of Nanscowe, and by his time was `standing in a small coppice'.
Okasha/1993, 189: `Kent...stated that it `now supplies the place of a gate-post, at a spot a few miles from Padstow' ...In 1856 the stone was `at the mowhay gate, Nanscowe'. Nanscowe Farm is some 8km. from Padstow so it is possible but by no means certain that the location described by Kent was on or near the farm'.
Thomas/1994, 262: `Just west of the Camel estuary at Nanscowe'.
Thomas/1994, 307: `The stone...at Nanscowe...stood by the track up from the Camel valley to Pawton, DB Pautone, the paramount hundredal manor with extensive grazing on St Breoke downs (DB, six by two leagues of pasture)'.