|Place:||Llanddewi-Brefi||Grid Ref:||SN 6600 5500 (GB)|
|County:||Cardigan (Ceredigion) , Wales||Saint(s):||none|
Westwood/1876, 139: `In 1187 a college was founded here by Thomas Beck, Bishop of St. David's but the early monumental stones here figured, with those represented in Plates LXVIII, LXIX, and LXXI, are evidently prior to the latter of these two dates.
In the Archaeologia Cambrensis, 1861, p. 311, will be found an account of a visit to this place by a party of archaeologists, in which its lamentable condition was described by `one of the party' (the Rev. H. L. Jones). Since that time the church, like so many others in this part of Wales, has been partially rebuilt, and it is during this restoration that we have to regret the careless destruction of some of the ancient monuments'.