|Name:||Inishvickillane (Inis Mhic Aoibhleáin)||CISP No:||INVIC|
|Place:||Inishvickillane (Inis Mhic Aoibhleáin)||Grid Ref:||V 213 911 (IR)|
|County:||Kerry (Ciarraí) , Ireland||Saint(s):||none|
Macalister/1945, 178: `Found ... lying with some other stones near the front of St. Brendan's Oratory on Inishvickillane, one of the most remote islands of the Blasket group'.
Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 156: `Inishvickillane lies c. 4 km south-west of Slea Head, and since at least the eighteenth century has been inhabited only intermittently. At the south-east end of the island are the remains of an early monastic settlement. The site, although apparently lacking formal enclosure, comprises the ruins of a dry-stone oratory, a graveyard, a leacht, a possible beehive hut-sit, and a holy well dedicated to St Brendan ... In front of the oratory into which the inscribed stone may have been built, Windele discovered, in or before 1849, a cross-inscribed ogham stone ... Macalister also recorded another stone incised with a `plain cross of two lines ... but it is no longer in evidence'.