|Name:||Cloghanecarhane (Clochán Cárthainn)||CISP No:||CLCAH|
|Place:||Cloghanecarhane (Clochán Cárthainn)||Grid Ref:||V 497 729 (IR)|
|County:||Kerry (Ciarraí) , Ireland||Saint(s):||none|
Macalister/1945, 224: `ring-fort'.
OSullivan/1996, 267: `Located on a gentle S facing slope at the foot of Foilclogh mountain, on the E bank of a small stream, this site provides broad views across boglands to Ballinskelligs Bay...it is approximately circular in plan and is enclosed by a bank which features an entrance at E and an arrangment of pillars at W. This latter feature may represent a second entrance. Within the interior is a circular hut, three possible leachta and a cross slab. An ogham stone is now located outside the E. entrance, and a souterrain was recently revealed immediately outside the enclosure at WNW'.