|Name:||Castell Dwyran||CISP No:||CDWYR|
|Place:||Castell Dwyran||Grid Ref:||SN 1440 1819 (GB)|
|County:||Carmarthenshire (Caerfyrddin) , Wales||Saint(s):||none|
Laws/1895, 306, records seeing `signs of foundations, apparently large hut-circles' in the adjacent field to the church.
Evans/1991, 242--245: `Castell Dwyran lies tucked away next to a farmyard in that pocket of the old Carmarthenshire which lies on the south west border of the county (at SN 144182). Unusually for rural West Wales the church is cruciform, but on such a miniscule scale, that it is unlikely that we are dealing here with a `clas' or mother church...the structure is clearly of medieval date as the surviving pointed west doorway makes clear...there does not appear to be any trace of a castle or, for that matter, of any enclosure in the immediate vicinity'.
Thomas/1994, 82, argues that the site was both `royal and Christian'.