Graduate Student Conference 2014
Publication date: Apr 29, 2014 11:26:37 AM
May 2, 2014 11:30:00 AM
End: May 2, 2014 5:00:00 PM
Location: Room 612, UCL Institute of Archaeology
The 2014 Graduate Student Conference, showcasing current research by graduate students, will take place at the Institute on 2 May.
The Graduate Student Conference is an annual meeting showcasing the research on a diverse range of topics that is currently undertaken by the graduate students at the Institute of Archaeology. The conference aims to provide setting where students can exchange and discuss their ideas and receive constructive feedback from their peers.
The conference is sponsored by the Papers from the Institute of Archaeology.
Session 1: World Archaeology
- 11.35 - 12.00: Viviana Siveroni. Domestic interdependencies and social integration in the Late Prehispanic Period of Nasca, Peru
- 12.00 - 12.25: Beatrijs de Groot. Ceramic assemblages as evidence of social interaction in Neolithic Anatolia and the Balkans
- 12.25 -12.50: Matilda Duncker. The Development of Commemorative Landscapes in Nineteenth Century Britain
- 12.50 – 13.00: Discussion
13.00 - 13.45: Lunch
Session 2: Archaeological Sciences
- 13.45 - 14.10: Josephine Mills. North Facing Property: Jersey’s Neanderthal Occupation Sequence at La Cotte à La Chèvre Cave
- 14.10 - 14.35: Jay van der Reijden. A Renewed Classification System for Cultural Dental Modification
- 14.35 - 15.00: Emily Frank. Documenting Archaeological Textiles with Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI)
- 15.00 - 15.10: Discussion
15.10 -15.30: Tea & Coffee Break (Staff Common Room, Room 609)
Session 3: Heritage
- 15.30 - 15.55: Matthew Webber. Contemporary Art and Multiculturalism in Bosnia- Herzegovina
- 15.55 - 16.20: TBA
- 16.20 - 16.45: Ying Tung Fung. Visitor management at Mogao caves, China: effectiveness and challenges
- 16.45 – 17.00: Discussion
17.00: Wine Reception (Staff Common Room, Room 609)
All Welcome! No need to register.
Attendance is free and includes refreshments and wine reception.
Any enquiries about the event may be directed to the Graduate Student Conference Organisers.