The Demographic Response to Holocene Climate Change in the Sahara
Publication date: Nov 15, 2013 2:45:33 PM
Start: Nov 28, 2013 5:00:00 PM
Location: Room 612, Institute of Archaeology
Katie Manning (UCL) will give the next seminar in the African Peoples and Pasts series at the Institute on 28 November.
Dr Manning's seminar is entitled "The Demographic Response to Holocene Climate Change in the Sahara" and all are welcome.
The seminar will be followed by a wine reception in the Staff Common Room.
Any enquiries about the event may be directed to Oli Boles.
African Peoples and Pasts Seminar Series 2013-14
- 10 October: A History of the Development of the Museum in Africa, from Interior Object to Cultural Landscape (Michael Mallinson)
- 23 October: The Niger River Valley of Benin in the First Millennium AD: Backwards- or Northwards-facing? (Dr Anne Haour)
- 28 November: The Demographic Response to Holocene Climate Change in the Sahara (Dr Katie Manning)
- 16 January: 'Tides of Gold': Southern African city-states and the Indian Ocean gold trade (Simon Bright)
- 13 February: The Rock Art of Somaliland: Discoveries, challenges and achievements (Sada Mire)