Ceramic Petrography Analytical Service
- Professional thin section petrographic and geochemical analysis of archaeological pottery, CBM, metallurgical ceramics, building stone, plaster and lithics, for the interpretation of provenance and craft technology.
- Prehistoric, Roman, Medieval, Post-Med and industrial artefacts analysed from UK and further afield.
- Geologically trained with nearly 20 years experience in archaeological petrography.
- Analysis on single artefacts or larger projects as needed.
- Services include thin section preparation, petrographic analysis, microphotography and full interpretation.
Petrographic Analysis of Peterborough Ware Ceramics from West Amesbury Farm, Stonehenge, Wiltshire. 2017/122
- Petrographic Analysis of Early Bronze Age Stone Tools from Petersfield Heath, Hampshire. 2017/121
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from Whitemoor Haye, Staffordshire. 2017/120
- Petrographic Analysis of Late Bronze Age Ceramics from Hopwas, Staffordshire. 2017/119
- Petrographic Analysis of Saxo-Norman Ceramics from Wimborne Minster, Dorset. 2017/118
- Petrographic and Geochemical Analysis of Late Bronze Age Ceramics from the Southern Transurals, Russia. 2016/117
- Petrographic Analysis of Sican Refractory Ceramics, Peru. 2016/116
- Petrographic Analysis of Bronze Age and Saxon Ceramics from Medmerry, West Sussex, UK. 2016/115
- Petrographic Analysis of Middle Iron Age Ceramics from Broadbridge Heath, West Sussex, UK. 2016/114
- Petrographic Analysis of a Roman PotteryVessel from Cheeseman’s Green, Kent, UK. 2016/113
- Petrographic Analysis of Middle Bronze Age Trevisker-style Sherds from Queen Camel, Somerset, UK. 2016/112
- Petrographic Analysis of Iron Age Metallurgical Ceramics from the Nok Culture, Nigeria. 2016/111
- Materials Analysis of Tibetan Bon Shamanic Amulet. 2016/109
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from the Usmanovo 3 Burial Ground, Kazburun Region, Southern Transurals, Russia. 2016/108
- For enquiries or to request a quote contact Patrick Quinn
- Patrick Quinn's staff profile webpage