Welcome to UCL Anthropology
We are a lively and welcoming department for a study abroad student. As well as a top reputation, our multi-field department is also one of the largest in the UK, offering a range of courses in sociocultural anthropology, material culture, medical and biological anthropology. We regularly welcome study abroad students and international students from all over the world to study with us and we’re proud of our supportive learning environment, with an excellent staff-student ratio and small-group teaching.
As a study abroad student at UCL, you will:
- Study alongside regular UCL and international students, benefiting from UCL's world-class teaching system and renowned academics.
- Have the flexibility to take courses across a range of UCL subjects and departments, tailoring your course to your own particular interests in this area.
- Have access to your own academic tutor (known as an ‘Affiliate Tutor’).
- Be located in the heart of London, with access to world-renowned resources including libraries, ethnographic collections, and laboratories.
- Be encouraged to integrate into UCL student life, with access to events, societies and clubs both within your department and across UCL as a whole.
- UCL Study Abroad Pages (admission, term dates, fees and application forms)
- Study Abroad Guide (information on UCL's study abroad programme)
- Anthropology Courses (current course listing for this academic year)
If you are looking to study in the Anthropology department as an Erasmus student, you will need to check an Erasmus agreement is in place with your institution and apply via this route.
We look forward to welcoming you at UCL Anthropology!
UCL Anthropology, 14 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BW Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 8633