- Prospective Students
- Research Platforms
- Reading and Research Groups
- Anthropological Demography
- Anthropology of Christianity
- Anthropology and East Asian Philosophy
- Economic Environments and Subjectivities (EES)
- Existential Anthropology
- London Latin America Seminar
- Mathematics of Pattern: Chaos in Art and Society
- Primate Sexualities: Beyond the Binary
- Videography RRG
- Visual Evocations
- Working Papers
- News and Events
- About the Department
- Contact Us
WHERE AND WHEN:
Thursdays, 2-4pm, room TBC
FIRST MEETING: TBC
MOODLE DETAILS: https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=26303
This interdisciplinary group focuses on visual methods and video data used in ethnographic contexts and in social sciences at large. It will mainly be an informal discussion and feedback venue for people using video methods and video data in their research. Each session will tackle both methodological and epistemological issues through:
- a quick roundtable where each participant will share the state of their research, protocol (if they have one) and the issues they may be facing using visual methods or video data;
- a discussion around a particular article dealing with video data and/or around a visual project;
- a practical part focusing on tools, tutorials, good practices regarding filming, editing or analyzing data with specific softwares for example.
Additionally, we can have access to cameras for practical exercises and to a filmmaker.
We welcome anyone from UCL or another university, at any stage of their research (contemplating using video, planning their protocol, who completed fieldwork or looking to present their results) to join us every Thursdays 2-4pm.
Please contact Nadia Elmrabet at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Request page update
UCL Anthropology, 14 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BW Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 8633