Year of start: 2015
Subject: Social/Medical Anthropology
Research Topic/Provisional Dissertation Title:
Austere Beauty: Cosmetic medicine in Greece during the financial crisis
I’m currently researching invasive and non-invasive cosmetic surgery trends in Greece during the financial crisis (2009-present). The main aim is to understand the effects of ‘the crisis’ on consumption patterns, social relationships and on the meanings of beauty and ‘happiness’.
- Medical Anthropology
- Anthropology of the Body
- Anthropology of crisis/suffering
- Feminist theory
2016-17: Seasonal lecturer (Anthropology of the Body), Erasmus programme. Panteion University, Athens, Greece.
- MRes Social Anthropology (UCL)
- MA Social Anthropology (SOAS)
- BA History of Art/Archaeology (SOAS)
Honours and Awards
- (2015) Inclusion in Dean’s List for academic excellence (UCL)
- (2005) Best Undergraduate Student Prize in Department of Arts and Humanities (SOAS)