Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
Social Media LinksFollow @uclhregional
A two day introductory course aimed at those who want to learn Ultrasound
Guided Regional Anaesthesia (UGRA)
Our course includes
- scanning and sonoanatomy on live models
- interventional radiology teaching and phantom practice
- cadaveric teaching at UCL department of anatomy (complete "fresh" cadavers plus prosections for detailed teaching).
- real time cadaveric ultrasound guided nerve block practice, experience the "feel" of an intraneural injection. Practise catheter insertion.
- multidisciplinary faculty drawn from both local and UK experts in their field, including renowned anatomy teachers and procedural expertise.
- Q&A session.
- keynote lecture from an internationally renowned expert.
- fantastic lunch and refreshments available all day.
Suitable for both trainees + consultants
Come and learn UGRA at the UK's premier hospital.
We consistently receive excellent feedback and are very relaxed with a very friendly faculty.
For consultants revalidating, we will give you all the information you need to complete the second tier CPD matrix in regional anaesthesia.
Next Cadaveric Course June 11th and 12th 2013.
|Current Programme 2013||
Day 1 Tuesday 11th June 2013 UCL Clinical Skills Labs, Rockefeller Building, 21 University Street.
The sonoantomy lectures will be delivered by expert regional anaesthetists. We will focus on essential knowledge of the ultrasound machine, probe handling and safe needling techniques. Live model scanning of the upper limb, lower limb, belly and back will be led by anaesthetists experienced in UGRA. We will teach the 5 essential blocks for everyday UGRA practice
09.00 Introduction Lecture
09.15 The Ultrasound Machine Lecture
09.30 Upper Limb Sonoanatomy Lecture
10.00 Model Ultrasound Scanning & Phantom Needling
13.00 Lower Limb & Abdomen Sonoanatomy Lecture
13.30 Model Ultrasound Scanning
16.00 International UGRA Update Lecture
17.00 Closing Lecture Feedback and Evaluation
Day 2 Wednesday 12th June 2013 UCL Anatomy Department, Rockefeller Building
The cadaveric anatomy teaching will be led by both anaesthetists and surgeons on both cadavers and prosected anatomy specimens. There will be an opportunity to both ultrasound scan and practice in-plane and out-of-plane needling techniques on the cadavers.
09.00 Anatomy Lectures
13.00 Cadaveric UGRA Practice
Download program and CPD matrix codes here
£300 trainees; £500 consultants for the 2 day course.
Please click on the UCLH Charity logo to be redirected to our secure online payment site
Food refreshments, included!
The course is being held at:
The Rockefeller Building, UCL.
21 University Street,
Nearest tube: Warren Street
Claire Matejowsky UCLH email@example.com
|Course organisers||Dr Damon Kamming, Dr Navkiran Kaur and Dr Simeon West|
Approved for 10 CPD credits