Institute of the Americas
- Study Here
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Funding opportunities for research and master's studies now available at UCL Americas
- CfP - Rethinking the proceso: The Argentine Dictatorship (1976-1983) in Perspective - March 24, 2016, UCL Institute of the Americas
- CfP - What to Learn from International Human Rights Systems?
- CfP - Ideas and Transformations in the Americas - April 2016, UCL Institute of the Americas
- Various post-doctoral fellowship schemes at UCL-Institute of the Americas - calls now open
Tweets by @UCLAmericas
Professor Victor Bulmer-Thomas
Honorary Professor, UCL Institute of the Americas
Victor Bulmer-Thomas is Honorary Professor at the UCL Institute of the Americas and Professor Emeritus of London University. He was Director of the Institute of Latin American Studies from 1992 to 1998 and Director of Chatham House from 2001-2006. From 2007 to 2010 he was Visiting Professor at Florida International University during which time he produced his latest book, The Economic History of the Caribbean from the Napoleonic Wars (Cambridge University Press, 2012). He has published extensively in the field amassing over 20 books either as author or as editor, including his Political Economy of Central America since 1920 (CUP, 1987) the Economic History of Latin America Since Independence (CUP, 1994, 2nd edn. 2003) and the two volume Cambridge Economic History of Latin America published in 2006.
Page last modified on 04 sep 14 10:31 by Oscar V Martinez Gonzalez