- Democracy and Its Discontents: Mexico’s 2012 General Elections
- Two new publications by Professor Iwan Morgan
- Grant for Institute from the Foundation for Canadian Studies
- Professor Iwan Morgan on CNBC
- Three new books published in the UCL-IA Palgrave Studies
- Launch of the new UCL Institute of the Americas
- Dr Par Engstrom Awarded Santander-Catalyst Award 2012
- UCL Politics Expert Iwan Morgan Forecasts Obama Win
- Prof Morgan speaking on Sem Fronteiras
- New book published in the UCL Palgrave Studies of the Americas series
- Colombia Peace Talks briefing
- Dr Tony McCulloch on US Foreign Policy
- Prof Kevin Middlebrook's radio interview on President Chavez's health
- X-Planet and Alain Garcia Artola at UCL-IA
- Prof Kevin J Middlebrook on the illness of President Hugo Chavez and its political connotations
- Can the memory of Lincoln still unite a nation?
- Dr Graham Woodgate appointed International Expert in Environmental Sociology for the Expo 2015 'Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life' in Milan
- Professor Kevin Middlebrook's radio interview on Mexican union leader's arrest on charges of embezzlement
- Professor Kevin Middlebrook's radio interview on Hugo Chavez' death
- Seminar: 'After the Referendum: Where next for UK-Argentine relations?'
- Two new additions to the Studies of the Americas series
- Leverhulme Trust Visiting Professorship for Professor Roberto Gargarella
- Professor Iwan Morgan awarded the Commonwealth Fund Professorship in American History
- Dr Guillaume Long Appointed Ecuador's Minister of Knowledge and Human Talent
- Welcome to Dr David Sim
- American Studies in the UK 2000 - 2010
- Amnesty in the Age of Human Rights
- Latin American Fundraising
- New MSc in International Relations of the Americas
- Professor Kevin Middlebrook's radio interview on Bolivian President's flight diversion
- UCL Institute of the Americas is delighted to announce that three Santander Scholarship Awards of £5,000 are available, on a competitive basis, to Latin American Masters' students applying for entry in 2013
- Professor Kevin Middlebrook's radio interview on Brazilian President Roussef's postponed visit to the USA
- New fellowship - Professor Martin Halliwell will research American medicine and psychiatry
- Appointment of Dr Dylan Vernon, former UCL-IA student, as Belize's Ambassador to the EU
- Masters dissertation prizes
- London Latin American Film Festival 2013 at UCL-Institute of the Americas
- The Jeremy Bentham PhD Studentship at the UCL Institute of the Americas
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships
Seminar: 'Between Attacks - Canadian Counter-Terrorism in the 1970s and 80s & Its Relevance to the 9/11 Era'
Starts: Dec 9, 2013 6:00:00 PM
Starts: Dec 10, 2013 4:00:00 PM
Yale-UCL Americas Annual Lecture: Jay Gitlin on: American Manifest Destiny revisited: French traders and the transcolonial bourgeois frontier, 1763-1847
Starts: Dec 10, 2013 6:30:00 PM
Starts: Dec 11, 2013 5:30:00 PM
IHR Latin American History Seminars: Hegel and America: Space, Knowledge and Identity in Twentieth-century Argentina
Starts: Dec 17, 2013 5:30:00 PM
UCL Institute of the Americas is delighted to announce that three Santander Scholarship Awards of £5,000 are available, on a competitive basis, to Latin American Masters' students applying for entry in 2013
9 July 2013
These awards are for International Students applying for entry from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Uruguay in 2013, for the following programmes:
- International Relations of the Americas MSc
- Globalisation and Latin American Development MSc
- United States Studies: History and Politics MA
- Latin American Politics MSc
- Caribbean and Latin American Studies MA
- Latin American Studies MA
- Be nationals of one of the Santander network countries listed above AND;
- Be studying at, or a graduate of, a university included on the relevant country list of eligible institutions (see Santander Universities) AND;
- Be expected to obtain, or already possess, a Bachelors' degree awarded at a level equivalent to first-class Honours in a UK Bachelors degree AND;
- Hold an offer of admission to a one-year, full-time UCL Master's programme, starting in the following academic year.
- Must comply with UCL visa requirements.
Note: If you are an existing applicant and have met the above-mentioned criteria, you will automatically be considered for the award. No additional application is required. A panel will review the applications and the successful applicant will be notified by email by early September 2013.
Note: If you are a new applicant and have not yet applied, please apply here. A panel will review the applications and the successful applicant will be notified by email by early September 2013.
Please note that the closing date for new applications is: 30 August 2013
Phone: 020 3108 9783 /9721/ 9716
The Santander Master's Scholarships (funded by Santander), aim to assist the most academically able students from leading universities to pursue a Master's programme at UCL.
UCL has been in partnership with Santander Universities since 2007, providing UCL students and staff with numerous benefits and opportunities which range from study abroad experiences to awards for non-academic achievement. Find out more.