AISC Transformation Programme 2011/12
In 2011/12, the AISC Transformation Programme will continue to migrate users onto new IT systems and services. This will give users access to new and improved functionality in the newer systems, whilst also delivering cost efficiencies in running standard IT services.
Click on the links below to read more about each of the projects:
The divisions, institutes and departments which AISC support curently have multiple methods of authentication, data storage and services, with varying levels of technical sophistication, reliability and resilience.
A requirement was identified by FBS Senior Staff to provide a faculty-side data storage solution, which would provide a consistent level of service across the respective divisions and insitutes, and provide greater security and resiliency. This would inherently reduce the risk of any inadequate safeguarding of research data and intellectual property, and provide a vastly enhanced service allowing collaboration and sharing of data across SLMS.
The SLMS Sync & Share Project was subsequently initiated with the following objectives :
- The migration of all users across the Divisions, Institutes and Departments which AISC support, to the new Active Directory for authentication.
- The migration of all users' Filestore requirements to the new enterprise file service, providing individual drives / stores and shared areas
- The migration of all users across the Divisions, Institutes and Departments which AISC support, to a standardised Windows 7 desktop, where appropriate.
- Implementation of data synchoronisation across multiple end point devices
- A storage quota of 50GB per individual user, with potential for more upon formal request
- A storage of 200GB per shared area, with unlimited user access, available upon request
The project began migrating users in January 2012 and it is anticpated that the project will complete in July 2014. For more detail please refer to the high level plan found by clicking on the link below.
AISC Staff Link to Log-In Area for project documentation
live@ucl is a new email & calendar service for the whole of UCL. Eventually all UCL email users will be migrated to this new service. On live@ucl you will get a generous 10GB mailbox, be able to book meetings and communicate with other users across UCL, and access your emails anytime-anywhere over the internet via an Outlook Webmail Application.
We will move our email users to the new service a group at a time, with your local IT teams and dedicated project staff.
To find out more about the service and project, click on the following links:
AISC provide many different services to many different SLMS Divisions, Institutes and Departments. This project will initially work with AISC teams to capture the full range of the services they provide, on the technology that is used, in exact detail.
It will also extend the use of call-logging systems to AISC teams who don’t currently have them, so there is better information regarding the volume and types of IT Support Services needed and requested by users.
Management Information Reports will be designed and produced from the information that is logged by AISC teams, for AISC Managers and SLMS Senior Staff to consider.