Figs Events Publication
- FIGS Friday Forum - Home
- Gender Online - An Interdisciplinary Graduate Symposium
- School of European Languages, Culture and Society (SELCS) Panopticon Research Seminars
- MA and PhD Discussion Seminars
- Translation in History Lecture Series – Professor Theo Hermans (UCL)
- Translation in History Lecture Series – Professor David Hopkins (University of Bristol)
- Translation in History Lecture Series – Dr Alison Martin (University of Reading)
- Documentary Film and Psychoanalysis Conference - UCL Film Studies
- Sherlock Holmes: Past and Present
- A Conversation with Lorenza Mazzetti
- “Complex TV”: television drama in the twenty-first century
- Stasis in the Medieval World
- The Reception of Herodotus in Antiquity and Beyond
- Unity/Disunity: An Interdisciplinary Conference
- The Nordic Research Network
- COLSONOEL 2013
Starts: Mar 25, 2013 12:00:00 AM
Starts: Jun 21, 2013 10:00:00 AM
Starts: Jun 27, 2013 9:00:00 AM
Starts: Aug 12, 2013 9:00:00 AM
Starts: Sep 5, 2013 9:00:00 AM
MA and PhD Discussion Seminars
Publication date: Feb 5, 2013 4:56:51 PM
Jan 9, 2013 12:00:00 AM
End: Mar 20, 2013 12:00:00 AM
A group of students have set up a discussion seminar for MA and PhD students with an interest in literature, culture, art, language, translation, film or gender studies, or any related subject, regardless of department.
We meet every other Wednesday at 6.15 pm. Each time, one person presents his or her work – this can be a chapter, an essay, a research or conference proposal or more or less anything else related to their research. We try to keep it informal and integrate a group discussion into the presentation: all opinions and viewpoints are welcome.
This is low-obligation seminar, taking into account busy schedules, so there is no preparation necessary. And the emphasis is as much on getting to know other research students and what they are doing as it is on giving constructive feedback.
If you are interested in participating, please get in touch at email@example.com, or 07503268119.
Our schedule of presentations for the Spring term is as follows:
Bethany Marston (Italian)
Agnes Broome (Scandinavian)
Niall Screenan (Centre for Intercultural Studies)
Elizabeth Harvey (Latin American Studies)
Veronika Pehe (SSEES)
|20th Mar:||Christiane Luck (Centre for Intercultural Studies/German)|
These events are funded by the UCL Faculty Institute of Graduate Studies (FIGS).
Page last modified on 05 feb 13 16:46