Twitter feed from ICANN
New Contracting Statistics Released
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 22:08:19 +0000Read more...
13 August 2014 – CPE Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Updated
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 20:35:38 +0000Read more...
Applicants Respond to London GAC Advice on New gTLDs
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:26:58 +0000Read more...
Auctions Schedule Updated
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:52:47 +0000Read more...
- ICANN opened the first round of its New gTLD Program for domain names in any language or script on January 12, 2012.
- UCL is providing linguistic expertise for ICANN as the applications for the new names are evaluated.
- Until 1998, requests for new TLDs were dealt with by the U.S. government. ICANN has been dealing with them since.
Generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs):
- Equivalent of e.g. .com, .org in any language or script
May include any word in any language of script:
- Organisation names
- Brand names
- Geographic names etc.
- Further information: New gTLDs, ICANN
Video with overview of ICANN's New gTLD Program
The New gTLD Program is ICANN's largest ever project and the greatest change to the Internet since the establishment of .com etc.
Page last modified on 20 may 13 14:20