Twitter feed from ICANN
New Contracting Statistics Released
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 20:07:08 +0000Read more...
Auction Proceeds Page Updated with Latest Auction Results
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 18:14:34 +0000Read more...
Results Available for 19 November 2014 Auction
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 01:38:38 +0000Read more...
Join Us for a Webinar on Auction Rules for Indirect Contention Sets
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:05:31 +0000Read more...
- ICANN opened the first round of its New gTLD Program for domain names in any language or script on January 12, 2012.
- UCL is providing linguistic expertise for ICANN as the applications for the new names are evaluated.
- Until 1998, requests for new TLDs were dealt with by the U.S. government. ICANN has been dealing with them since.
Generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs):
- Equivalent of e.g. .com, .org in any language or script
May include any word in any language of script:
- Organisation names
- Brand names
- Geographic names etc.
- Further information: New gTLDs, ICANN
Video with overview of ICANN's New gTLD Program
The New gTLD Program is ICANN's largest ever project and the greatest change to the Internet since the establishment of .com etc.
Page last modified on 20 may 13 14:20