Cancellations and Refunds
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between UCL Advances and the individual registering.
N.B. The term “event” refers to conferences/events/courses and workshops.
Cancellations and Refunds
- All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing 3 full working days (Monday – Friday) prior to the start of the event to email@example.com or to the contact person for that specific event.
- If the above notification period is not given, or in the event of non-attendance, then the following cancellation fee applies: £25 for a half-day workshop or £50 for 1 or more days - whatever the reason
- During the event, please ensure that your attendance is noted each day to avoid being charged the cancellation fee (see below), normally by signing an attendance sheet at registration.
- Illness: in the event of non-attendance due to illness, a doctor’s certificate must be provided otherwise the full cancellation fee will be charged.
- Individuals who withdraw after the start of an event will still be liable for the cancellation fee as outlined above.
- Cancellation and Non-attendance for paid events: an individual who has registered for an event who doesn’t either:
a) provide the required 3 working days notice, or
b) fails to attend,
will be charged the full course fee, in addition to the cancellation fee as above. This is due to administrative, speaker and catering costs incurred by the department and your place could have been allocated to another individual.
- Attendees are welcome to send a substitute without incurring a charge, provided UCL Advances is notified in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org or the event contact person) 3 full working days prior to the event.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, UCL Advances reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event. In the unlikely event of cancellations, UCL Advances will refund the full amount of the registration fee (if applicable). However personal expenses incurred by the attendee are non-refundable by UCL Advances.
- UCL Advances reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
- UCL Staff
When applying for a course, UCL staff may be asked to provide an account code before the booking is confirmed. The cancellation fee will be automatically charged (according to the above) to your department if UCL Advances is not notified that you are unable to attend the course at least three working days prior to the event.
- UCL Students
UCL students wishing to attend will be personally liable for the cancellation. UCL Advances will contact them directly. As with all monies owed to UCL, unpaid fees may lead to delays in receiving your degree.
External businesses/individuals will be contacted directly for payment details if they don’t comply with the cancellation policy.