Cancellations and Refunds
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between UCL Advances and the individual registering. The term “event” refers to conferences/events/courses and workshops.
- All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing 3 full working days (Monday – Friday) prior to the start of the event to email@example.com or to the contact person for that specific event.
the event, please ensure that your attendance is noted each day to avoid
being charged the cancellation fee (see below), normally by signing an
attendance sheet at registration.
Cancellation and Non-attendance for paid events: an individual or business who has registered for an event who fails to attend the course without providing the required 3 working days’ notice will be charged the full course fee. This is due to administrative, speaker and catering costs incurred by the department and that your place could have been allocated to another individual. Further details can be found below:
- Illness: in the event of non-attendance due to illness, a doctor’s certificate must be provided otherwise the full cancellation fee will be charged.
- Withdrawal: Individuals who withdraw after the start of an event will still be liable for the cancellation fee as outlined above.
- Substitutes: Attendees are welcome to send a substitute without incurring a charge, provided UCL Advances is notified in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org or the event contact person) 3 full working days prior to the event.
- Liability: UCL students wishing to attend will be personally liable for the cancellation fee. As with all monies owed to UCL, unpaid fees may lead to delays in receiving your degree. UCL Staff may be asked to provide an account code before the booking is confirmed. The cancellation fee will be automatically charged (according to the above) to your department.
- Cancellation and Non-attendance for free events: as above, any individual or business who fails to attend the course without providing the required 3 working days’ notice will be charged £25 for a half-day event or £50 for one or more days - whatever the reason. This fee will be issued as an invoice in the usual way. For UCL students unpaid fees may lead to delays in receiving your degree.
Cancellation/postponement of events
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, UCL Advances reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event. In the unlikely event of cancellations, UCL Advances will refund the full amount of the registration fee (if applicable). However personal expenses incurred by the attendee are non-refundable by UCL Advances.
- UCL Advances reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
Full terms and conditions regarding cancellations and refunds can be found at: www.ucl.ac.uk/advances/terms