OPPORTUNITIES TO TAKE ENTREPRENEURIAL ELECTIVES AT LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL
London Business School is, by virtually any measure, the top business school in Europe. The world class research strives to have impact, relevance, internationalism and originality. The teaching is challenging, stimulating and built on its research base and excellence of faculty. The postgraduate student body consists of successful business people with huge diversity of age, nationality, job function and industry sector.
Applications are invited from UCL faculty, staff, PhD and EngD students for places on electives at London Business School. These electives offer members of UCL the opportunity to acquire or enhance business-related skills while working alongside MBA students at the School.
So far, over 600 UCL participants from various departments have taken a range of electives and, although few of them had any previous business experience, the majority have achieved outstanding results.
Previously, management of UCL members on LBS electives was
organised by CSEL. Due to its recent closure, UCL Advances will now be
responsible for the administration of this student exchange programme.
UCL Advances will target these places at candidates who can show an aptitude and interest in:
- commercialisation of research, and /or
- working collaboratively with businesses on research projects, and/or teaching enterprise skills within their departments.
Applicants are expected to:
- participate fully in ALL elective activities, including assessments
- allocate sufficient time to the elective, which varies but in some instances may be as much as 90 hours in addition to lecture time
- allow UCL Advances to use their grades for monitoring purposes
- complete any pre-elective preparation that may be required.
Note: During your time at UCL, you can
apply for a maximum of four
electives, but you can only participate in one elective per term.
All places on London Business School electives are subject to availability and approval from UCL Advances.