The UCL Advances Hatchery is a free office space in Central London available for student start-ups.
Starting a business? Come and run it at the Hatchery, UCL Advances’ free
office space for student start-ups.
If you’re a current UCL student or recent graduate, apply to work at The Hatchery
- Access to desk space in a passcode-protected room.
- Support from the Advances student Business Advisors, the Executive Director and the rest of the Advances team.
- Priority access to programmes and events run by Advances, as well as free places on relevant training courses.
- Use of the UCL Advances meeting room, full internet access, use of a printer, and your own locker space to keep paperwork securely.
Who can apply?
If you’re a UCL student or recent graduate (graduated in the past 12 months)
working on a business start-up, you can apply.
You will need a business plan and be able to demonstrate that –
- your product or service is realistic
- you’ve identified a gap in the market, your target market is clearly defined and
- you’re satisfying a clear consumer need
- you have a thorough understanding of the practicalities involved
- you have a personal commitment to seeing your idea through
“The UCL Advances hatchery is a fantastic environment for student start-ups, where
advice and support is at hand whenever it might be required. This is critical at the
early stages when companies are experiences rapid changes and are experiencing
growth for the first time.”
Chester Mojay-Sinclare, Founder, Alive and Giving
"Being able to use the UCL Advances student hatchery gave ‘The Sport Review’ a much-needed base from which we were able to successfully drive the business to the next level."
Martin Caparrotta, Founder of ‘The Sport Review’
To find out about joining the hatchery, email our Student Business Advisory team at firstname.lastname@example.org.