Publication date: Dec 7, 2012 9:35:41 AM
May 8, 2013 9:00:00 AM
End: May 10, 2013 5:00:00 PM
This Programme is ideal for those that would like to gain a greater insight and understanding into how to better prepare and conduct professional and successful negotiations.
Students of all levels, employees, business owners and entrepreneurs will be exposed to discussion and practical exercises that will challenge their approach, introduce new learning and techniques and build on any existing skills. This will allow participants to form a strong foundation for negotiating and bargaining in the real world.
- To ensure that delegates understand the process and skills of negotiation
- To identify, develop and enhance delegates’ skills in preparing for negotiation
- To enable delegates to acquire and practice new skills by employing a variety of appropriate negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Enable delegates to negotiate effectively with external or internal clients
- To have practised application of a 5 step negotiation model and be confident in entering into negotiations
- Understand how people and personalities interfere with effective negotiations
- Know how to deal professionally and effectively with difficult people and manipulative tactics in negotiations
- Develop interpersonal skills within a systematic negotiating structure.
- Acquire and practice new skills by employing a variety of appropriate negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Be able to enter into negotiations with increased confidence.
This workshop is part of the UCL Advances Summer Programme - a programme of activities to teach critical business skills through SUMMER WORKSHOPS and opportunities to put those skills into practise with SUMMER PROJECTS.