Publication date: Jun 27, 2012 2:59:48 PM
Jul 9, 2012 6:00:00 PM
End: Sep 13, 2012 9:00:00 PM
Location: UCL, Engineering Building, Torrington Place, WC1E 7JE, London
Are you the kind of person who has great app ideas and some entrepreneurial drive? Here’s your opportunity to create, validate, develop and launch your idea into reality in as little as 6 months with funding, technical and business building support.
UCL launches this unique programme of 3 evening events over 12 weeks, which will provide you with the opportunity to create, develop and validate your app idea to the point that it is ready to launch as a business. It will be based around a 2 challenge areas:
- Health and Wellness
You will be able to team up with others during the course and will be required to garner support from your social network to demonstrate engagement and the potential value of your idea.
If you’re idea is among the 2 ideas from the course, as a result of securing the largest community validation on Apptual.com, you will receive:
- £1000 funding from our sponsor RBS Group courtesy of Capital Enterprise Business Bootcamp programme towards creating a working prototype of your idea and access to developers who can build your app prototype
- Supervision and mentorship of experienced industry professionals to shape and develop your app value proposition
- Additional funding support of £250 to kick start your business
- Business development support as necessary from the Apptual.com team to help bring your app business to first revenues
Irrespective of whether or not you make it to the top 2 ideas, you will also receive free accounts on Apptual.com and 30 minutes of additional 1 to 1 time to help develop, validate and crowd fund your idea.
3 evening workshops (6-9pm) between 9 July and 13 September 2012.
- 9th July 2012 – Ideation workshop in health and wellness + sustainability to help you create winning app ideas
--- Race to get people to rate and review your idea (friends, family allowed) ---
- 19th July 2012 – Selection of top 2 ideas based on star rating of ideas + level of community support. Funding provided to winning ideas for prototype development
--- App prototype development between 19th July and 13th September ---
- 13th September 2012 – Panel judges prototypes and winner announced.
The winning individual/team will be awarded free places on the The Mobile Academy accelerator programme starting end of September 2012 where they can take their prototype all the way launching an app business.
Cost: Free to attend (£10 refundable deposit)