Early Stage Web Application Start-Up Seeking Developer/Designer
Who We Are:
We’re two individuals with a strong background in business. We are currently on the board of a medium sized shipping company while we focus the majority of our efforts on our startup.
What We’re Doing:
We’re currently setting the groundwork for an innovative web application to support future entrepreneurs that will eventually fuse with social networking. While our industry is the startup sector, our target market is primarily small/start ups, undergrad and graduate students. The majority of our application tool will be free with a few premium extras and will immediately compete with White Truffle and other smaller players.
Who You Are:
Above all, you need to be both a programmer and designer. We are a startup and this is essential (and non-negotiable). You need to have an obsessive attention to detail and user experience. Ideally, your technical skills would be the following:
- Design expertise: Professional level skills in Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, and Photoshop, with strong UI/Layout, mockup, branding, and print skills.
- Application programming Expertise: PHP, ColdFusion, AJAX, Web Services (RSS, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.). Advocate for the appropriate use of SAAS, design patterns, frameworks, SOA, ORM, and MVC.
- Database Expertise: MSSQL/MySQL – Relational database design and programming, stored procedures, triggers, reporting, and administration.
- Server Expertise: IIS, Apache, URL Rewrites, security, certificates, load balancing, etc.
While these are not absolutes, they should serve as a general basis in what we are looking for. Also, we’re looking for someone passionate about what we’re doing and one who believes in our idea.
Opportunity & Compensation:
We have done the heavy lifting in terms of the idea, how it will be implemented, and conveying this in a comprehensive and professional business plan. All we need now is someone that can initially build a working prototype. We plan to raise start up seed funding by September and could do so much sooner depending on how quickly the chosen candidate can work. That being said the following is available to the right candidate:
- 3-5% equity in the company (based on experience)
- $30,000/year salary once we obtain funding (target: September 2012)
- Ground floor opportunity and voice in shaping the company – you will be the third employee and our link to the technological aspect of the business, your input will be valuable
- Build a team – we have plans to hire at a minimum 2 more engineers once funded with many more to follow and you will be hand selecting your team
Lastly, understand that we are a pair of intense and passionate individuals. We have an idea and model that we have been told is “the best idea I’ve heard in long time” by many people with the power to make it happen. However, until we have a prototype to bring to life what we have on paper, we cannot move forward.
What to Do & Timeframe:
Email your resume, any links to projects you have done, and any relevant information to Trevor.firstname.lastname@example.org. We are moving quickly on this and plan to add a competent candidate by 15 March 2012. Be sure to let us know what your schedule is like, how much time you have to work on such a project (ideally you’re unemployed and a hungry entrepreneur at heart, but we don’t expect this) and why you are interested. If you don’t include these things we will assume you didn’t bother to digest what we have to offer and are not taking it seriously.
We look forward to your submissions!