A travel and lifestyle dedicated social network, WAYN.com helps people realize their dreams by connecting them with like-minded people based on past experiences, where they would love to go and what they would love to do.
We are looking for an innovative Product Intern (with the chance to become a permanent employee) who will be working as part of a young and dynamic team in one of the most exciting and fashionable industries of social networking, with a focus on travel and lifestyle. Any applicant must be well organized, highly motivated, and proactive and welcome new responsibilities. WAYN is a fast growing business led by the original entrepreneurial team who are passionate about the business and its people. We are looking to expand our small but highly effective product team with someone who is bright, hard-working and willing to take on responsibilities and deliver work to a high level of quality. We are based 30 seconds from Barbican tube, which is a small walk from trendy Farringdon and around the corner from Silicon Roundabout. The internship will be for a duration of 2 months between 14 Nov 2011 – 13 Jan 2012. The successful candidate will be paid a monthly stipend of £250. A permanent contract may be discussed on successful completion of the internship.
- Developing our core product proposition in line with the company and product vision.
- Simplifying and speeding up the service and making the site more user friendly. Increasing conversion to payments and user monetization.
- Creating viral growth and positive word of mouth.
- Increasing traffic, time spent online, engagement and content generation.
- Working with the product team
- Helping to manage the product roadmap to focus on priorities and hitting deadlines.
- Preparing functional and technical project requirements.
- Analysis of business requirements and comparative analysis of the market.
- User interface design in preparation for graphic designers.
- Issue resolution with project managers and development team.
- Usability testing and preparing timely product spec refinements.
How to apply
CV and Cover letter to Peter Ward, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, WAYN.com: firstname.lastname@example.org