HELO Project Manager
UCL is one of the UK's leading universities it is a world-class multidisciplinary research and teaching institution, currently ranked in the top-ten in the world. UCL Advances was launched to enhance UCL's role as a hub of technical innovation befitting its status as one of the top universities in the world.
UCL Advances, UCL's centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction, was launched in August 2007 to develop new links between UCL and businesses of all kinds, with a particular focus on small and medium-sized enterprises.
UCL Advances, on behalf of UCL, has won a bid from the London Development Agency (LDA) to work on a project called 'HELO' (Higher Education London Outreach) to help small businesses and start-ups in London overcome technical and business problems. As HELO project manager, you will ensure the successful delivery of HELO's outputs as agreed with the LDA. You will report back on the progress of the project to the Project Steering Board and the LDA, and will coordinate HELO activities across UCL and the businesses the project supports, gathering information and feedback for reporting purposes. Who we're looking for:
- You will have previous experience of coordinating projects within the public sector
- You will have a proven ability to prioritise work and deliver projects on time
- You will enjoy a process driven environment and will be highly adept at detailed reporting
- You will be able to present the aims and progress of the project to key internal and external stakeholders
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of coordinating projects funded by the EU or the LDA would be advantageous but is not essential.
The post is on a fixed term contract until 31st December 2011.
Salary on UCL Grade 7 in the range £31,620-£33,375 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
For further information and how to apply please contact Eleanor Parrott at Michael Page International on 020 7831 2000. Job Ref: 13060711.
UCL particularly welcomes applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under represented within UCL at this level. This is in line with section 38 of the Race Relations Act 1976.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 23rd August 2009.
Closing date of 15 May 2010
Current UCL Job Vacancies
All current UCL job vacancies are listed at: