Admin and Finance Assistant
UCL Advances, UCL's centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction, was launched in August 2007 to develop new links between UCL and businesses of all kinds, with a particular focus on small and medium-sized enterprises.
In fulfilling this objective UCL Advances’ activities are based around training programmes and events that bring together potential collaborators to ease UCL’s staff and students ability to meet businesses and investors. Through these, we hope to enable UCL students and academics to develop new business capabilities and then provide access to support schemes providing help to engage and collaborate with business.
UCL is one of the UK's leading universities; it is a world-class multidisciplinary research and teaching institution, currently ranked in the top-ten in the world. UCL Advances was launched to enhance UCL's role as a hub of entrepreneurship and innovation befitting its status as one of the top universities in the world.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Departmental Administrator with finance and administrative work including:
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the office together with the DA
- Book the meeting room for staff as required
- Adhere and comply with the provisions of the College’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Ordering stationary and responsible for the same
- Reporting on any maintenance issues and following these up as appropriate
- Arranging meetings and order catering
- Assist the HoD as and when needed
- Putting expenses and payments on FIS, UCL’s Finance System, and dealing with any queries
- Getting information on businesses to set them up as new customers on FIS
- Trouble shooting on any queries related to invoices, expenses, etc. and discussing with the DA for any anticipated problems
- Chasing up salary and expense payments
- Updating the Department inventory list
To undertake other tasks as appropriate as directed by the DA or Head of Department
Completed applications should be sent to Nicola Smith, on 020 7464 1987, email@example.com
UCL particularly welcomes
applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under
represented within UCL at this level. This is in line with section 38 of the
Race Relations Act 1976.