- Part 1 - Key overarching policies and principles of UCL
- Part 2 - Curriculum planning and design
- Part 3 - Learning, teaching and assessment
- Part 4 - Student recruitment, admission and reception
- Part 5 - Student support and guidance
- Part 6 - Staff support and development
- Part 7 - Academic quality review, monitoring and feedback framework
- Part 8 - Management and organisational framework
Duties and Responsibilities of the Pro-Provosts (International Regions)
contact: Professor Michael Worton, Vice-Provost (International)
1. Pro-Provosts for particular international Regions will be appointed by the Provost for a period of 3 years, which may be renewable by agreement.
2. Reporting to the Vice-Provost (International), the Pro-Provosts will:
- develop a 3-year strategy for UCL's activities in their respective Regions (and update it annually);
- remain informed of developments in Higher Education in the Region and of relevant opportunities for research, teaching, business collaborations, fund-raising, and inform the Vice-Provost (International) and other UCL staff as appropriate, accordingly;
- provide periodic briefings to Deans of Faculty, Heads of Department and appropriate Committees on strategic developments in their Regions;
- prepare appropriate material relating to their Regions for internal and external use;
- be a source of professional advice to individuals and UCL departments on developments and activities in their Regions
- pro-actively promote UCL's profile in their Regions.
3. In the development and implementation of strategies, the Pro-Provosts will work closely with the officers of the following areas of UCL in particular:
- the Office of the Vice-Provost (International) and the Office for International Affairs;
- Student and Registry Services;
- the International Office;
- the Dean of Students (Academic);
- the Graduate School;
- the Development and Alumni Relations Office;
- UCL Business;
- European Research and Development Office.
4. All UCL staff involved in significant activities and formulations of policies to a particular region are expected to keep the appropriate Pro- Provost informed.
5. The Pro-Provosts will ensure that they keep informed the relevant Deans of Faculty of any academic or other development, which they may be progressing with the Heads or members of staff of a particular Department.
6. The Pro-Provosts will abide by UCL's Financial Regulations.
7. In addition to the general duties described above, the Pro-Provosts will agree annually with the Vice-Provost (International) a list of specific objectives and priorities for the following year.
(c) UCL (University College London) 2010
The content (comprising text and images) of this document is copyright
(c) UCL (University College London). All rights expressly reserved.