|Photocopying services and prices
All the Library's staffed sites have self-service photocopying facilities.
Most sites use the same cards and are part of the core Photocopying Service, except the Eastman Dental Institute, SSEES, UCL School of Pharmacy and the Institutes of Child Health, Neurology, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics (details below).
UCL Eastman Dental Library
Eastman print management system, rechargeable at 6p per unit.
UCL Institute of Child Health Library
7p per A4 copy, 14p per A3 copy.
Colour: 35p per A4 copy, 70p per A3 copy.
Coins or ICH card only (£5).
UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square Library
Cash: 5p per A4 copy, 10p per A3 copy.
Joint Moorfields Eye Hospital & the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology Library
Black & White photocopies: 5p per A4, 10p per A3
Colour photocopies: A4 = 40p, A3 = 80p
UCL Institute of Orthopaedics Library
The Institute's fixed value card only: £1 = 15 A4 copies.
UCL School of Pharmacy
Pre-loaded disposable copy-cards are available to buy at the Issue Desk. Cards cost £1.50 for 20 units or £3.00 for 45 units. A unit equates to a p
age, whether A3, A4, colour or black and white.
SSEES card only, rechargeable, £1 per card + 6 copies, then £1 per 20 copies. £1 or £2 coins required.
|Core Photocopying Service
- UCL Main Library
- UCL Science Library
- UCL Cruciform Library
- UCL Bartlett Library
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Library
- UCL Ear Institute and RNID Libraries at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library
- Royal Free Medical Library, UCL Library Services
Key features of the core service are:
- Re-chargeable cards usable across 8 library sites
- Black & White photocopies: A4 = 5p, A3 = 10p
Colour photocopies: A4 = 40p, A3 = 80p (UCL Main & Royal Free Libraries only)
- Copying to acetate available
A4 acetates for use in black and white or colour photocopiers are only purchasable at issue desks (10p each)
- Dedicated service staff
There is a dedicated 'PHOTOCOPY HELP CENTRE' in the Main Library, room 107:
OPEN: Monday to Friday
- Term time:
- 11.00-17.00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- 12.00-17.00 Tuesday
- 11.00-13.00 and 14.00-16:00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- 12.00-13.00 and 14.00-16.00 Tuesday
- Tel: 020 7679 7741 - internal: ex. 37741
Rechargeable cards are required to use the photocopiers. You need only buy one card and then keep it for the whole of your time at UCL. Visitors wishing to make photocopies can buy a copycard and charge it with enough copy credit to cover their copying needs. There are no refunds for unused copy credit.
- Cards cost £1 each (this does not include any copy credit)
- The minimum copycredit you can add to a copycard is 20p, the maximum is £50.
- If you lose your copycard you will have to buy a new one. Therefore, we recommend that you do not charge your copycard with large amounts of copy credit. It is also sensible to write your name on your card or record the individual number on the back of the card. You can then reclaim the card if it is found and handed in to library staff.
- All 8 participating library sites have card vending and card re-charging machines.
|Library Services photocopying contact
Top of page
Last modified 9 May 2013