- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- Helen Wilson and Adam Townsend publish a paper on 'The Physics of Chocolate Fountains'
UCL Department of Mathematics
Many congratulations to the following who have recently had successful PhD vivas:
1. Ashley Whitfield (supervisor Ted Johnson): Nonlinear dynamics of wave packets within the framework of the Ostrovsky equation and its generalisations.
2. Dimitrios Chatzakos (supervisor Yiannis Petridis): Lattice point problems in the hyperbolic plane.
3. Rosemary Penny (co-supervised by Robert Bowles with Dr Noemie Bouhana, Dept. Security and Crime Science): Developing mathematical models of complex social processes: radicalisation and criminality development.
Published: Sep 15, 2016 12:10:01 PM
The Faculty is delighted to announce the appointment of
Professor Claire Carmalt as the new Head of Department for UCL
Chemistry. The appointment will be effective as of next academic year
(2016-17). She will be the 18th Head of Department for Chemistry and the
first woman appointed to the position.
Published: Aug 11, 2016 3:47:00 PM