- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- Helen Wilson and Adam Townsend publish a paper on 'The Physics of Chocolate Fountains'
UCL Department of Mathematics
1. Many congratulations to Sam Brown (supervisor Henry Wilton) for recently having had a successful PhD viva. Sam's thesis was on ''Geometric structures on negatively curved groups and their subgroups''.
2. Congratulations to Gavin Esler for his award of a NERC Industrial CASE Studentship: ''Multi-scale mathematics applied to convective parameterisation schemes''.
3. Congratulations to Michael Singer on his appointment to the EPSRC Strategic Advisory Team for mathematical sciences. The present make-up of the SAT can be found here.
4. Rod Halburd is now the 'IMA Academic Representative' for the department. More...
Published: Nov 14, 2016 9:53:34 AM